Skip to content
Recognition and Awardsadmin2017-02-03T12:59:17-08:00
- Appointed as a Jack and Doris Shadbolt Community Scholar, a subset of the Shadbolt Fellow in Graduate Liberal Studies at Simon Fraser University, 2015.
- Documentary Return to Byzantium: The Art and Life of Lilian Broca premiered in Canada in Ottawa, February 2012. Accepted in 5 International Film Festivals: The Santa Rosa International Film Festival, Santa Rosa, CA. The Carmel Art and Film Festival Carmel, CA. The La Femme International Film Festival LA, CA. The San Pedro International Film Festival in LA, CA. The Vancouver Jewish Film Festival, Vancouver, BC.
- Documentary Return to Byzantium: The Art and Life of Lilian Broca was acquired by CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) television network and aired on July 20th, 2013.
- Guest artist in prestigious Zeugma Museum in Gaziantep, International Mosaic Exhibition. October 27, 2013 The Hidden and The Revealed: The Queen Esther Mosaics of Lilian Broca, Geffen Publishers, NY, Jerusalem, 2011, by Yosef Wosk, Sheila Campbell and Lilian Broca
- Internationally acclaimed artist and author Judy Chicago writes preface to the book The Hidden and The Revealed: The Queen Esther Mosaics of Lilian Broca
- Canadian Academy of Independent Scholars and Simon Fraser University have awarded Lilian Broca an Independent Scholar Grant called “the Beatrice Gross Independent Scholar Award” for further artistic development in her career. June 2012
- Featured in two art books in 2010: Tiffany Studios’ Techniques Inspiration for Today’s Artists, by Edith Crouch, Schiffer Publishers, USA and Mosaic Fine Art Portraits by Pam Givens and Irit Levy, MFA Books, USA
- Received the Lorenzo il Magnifico (Medici) gold medal in the 2003 Florence Biennale International Exhibition, Florence, Italy
- Received first place award for best mosaic, two-dimensional category, exhibited in the Opus-Veritas: Fragments of Truth exhibition at the Italian-American Museum, San Francisco, 2004 and in A More Perfect Union: Mosaic Aspirations, Chicago 2006
- Finalist in Imago National Art Competition, juried travelling exhibition in November 2002 and January 2003
- Invited to participate in the 2003 Florence Biennale
- Collaborated with distinguished Canadian author/poet Joy Kogawa on a publication based on the legend of Lilith, an ancient Hebrew mythological figure. The book A Song of Lilith was launched in Sept. 2000 by Raincoast Books Publishers.
- Collaborated on the concert/performance A Song of Lilith along with classical music composer Larysa Kuzmenko, writer Joy Kogawa, actor Moira Wylie, and five classical music performers. The premiere of the concert opened in Toronto at the St. Lawrence Centre for The Arts in Sept. 2000; it was performed in various cities across Canada.
- Appeared in a 12 minute interview on Visions, national TV, Skylight program, in Sept. 1999
- Appeared in a 12 minute profile on The Creators program, on Women’s Television Network, (WTN), in 1995
- Artwork included in American produced movie for television Serving in Silence, 1994, Barbara Streisand and Glenn Close, executive producers.
- Commissioned and produced sketches and drawings of Glenn Close for Serving in Silence, featuring Glenn Close and Judy Davis
- Artwork included in the Canadian feature film By Design, 1982, Berryl Fox producer.
- Received scholastic scholarships from Pratt Institute New York, USA, 1970 & 1971
- Received a Quebec Provincial Grant to study abroad, (Bourse de Perfectionnement) 1969-70.
- BAMM – British Association for Modern Mosaic
- CARFAC – Canadian Artists’ Representation Organization
- AIMC – Associazione Internazionale Mosaicisti Contemporanei (International Association of Contemporary Mosaicists)
- SAMA – The Society of American Mosaic Artists
- CAIS – Canadian Academy of Independent Scholars